Talk

Advanced search

2yo getting back teeth, total clingy nightmare! anyone else?

(9 Posts)
Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:15:49

I think that's what it is, anyway...he's just 2, and has had a low grade fever for a few days, just feels a little hot to the touch iyswim, with much whingy crying, moaning, and clinging onto my legs like there's no tomorrow, then when I start to walk I either fall over or he sinks to the floor sobbing.

Do you recognise this pattern grin

He also won't eat anything much and wants MOLKY 24/7, I mean really 24/7.

I'm starting to get very stroppy about it all so would appreciate some calming vibes and if possible an estimation of hOW long this might go on for!!!

Thankyou smile

Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:17:34

Sorry I sound hideous there.

I'm not really nasty impatient mother, honest...just feels like it iyswim.

and there seem to be wasps everywhere, what's up with that?

rubyslippers Wed 29-Jul-09 14:19:42

calpol

anbesol

chewing on an ice lolly

Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:20:52

Thankyou Ruby

he has had calpol about an hour ago, seems slightly improved...will get some anbesol, I haven't tried that yet, brill smile

Might offer ice lolly in a mo. He's refusing most things tbh..

Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:21:27

I suppose anusol isn't the same. He can't read yet anyway grin

<joke>

rubyslippers Wed 29-Jul-09 14:22:23

the anbesol is fab

My DS was a late teether - it made him bite a lot blush

If you find calpol is not harcore enough, then i think baby nurofen is worth a try as well

Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:25:02

Ok, will do. Thanks x

Flgihtattendant Wed 29-Jul-09 14:26:03

Just checking, he ought to have two 'big' teeth on each side, is that right? Atm there is just one fat molar on each side, so four altogether (top and bottom) should there be four more to come?

If not then he's obviously not teething.

Confuzzeled Wed 29-Jul-09 14:27:17

We got a lolly making mold from Ikea but you can get them from most supermarkets. Make your own juice or milk lolly's. In the mean time just get some del monte ones or something, they're not full of crap.

I've found it's one of the few things dd will eat when she's having tooth trouble. Calpol and teething powders also always at the ready. Each molar takes friggin' weeks to come in, she always gets a temperature and for some reason a cold. She also becomes a real princess, clingy, screaming at things and waking up during the night aaaaarrrrrgh.

So I feel your pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now