Talk

Advanced search

Oh heck

(4 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 28-Jul-09 16:21:23

just come back from a rotten bike ride with the kids as DS1 was a pain, DD was precious and DS2 stressed me out racing down the road.

DS1 gave me constant back chat all the way home and has now appeared with a note saying

dear mummy
please calm down
i am very sorry please come to ds1's
with thousands of love from ds1 xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have asked him to go and read a book for 10 minutes while I sort out tea and he was talking over me so I asked him just to please do as I asked so he has stormed off saying he wanted to tell me something, I said okay, he said no you don't listen, you never listen.

door slams.

sad

They have asked for so much today and they have had a lot of what they wanted, liquorice, a dvd, bike ride, tv, computer.

BoffinMum Tue 28-Jul-09 21:09:29

You can't win. It's called parenthood! wink

Sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Why not send a little note back saying something friendly and see if a rapprochement follows???

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 29-Jul-09 11:11:03

And it continues today.

Shops for clothes for him and some food, trip to park, all the while back chat, picking on his siblings, answering back and now he has written out I am a idiot I am stupid.

sad

<dispair>

alardi Wed 29-Jul-09 11:21:46

Awwwww.
I have 3 dc who might behave just the same. How old are they?
DD writes me hate notes at least once a week. She usually turns around and says Sorry within a few minutes.

Once a friend told a story about when she said to her husband "I will love you again later, but right now I hate you and need you to leave me in peace". I think that taught me a lot about how we need to say the worst to get over it, else we would bottle it up and never get over it. Maybe that's how kids are. They live in the moment, so most of what they say aren't strong permanent feelings. You mustn't take kids TOO seriously. If I was still upset I would tell him later how hurtful it was for you to hear that. It's just pushing boundaries when he says the worst things, he's programmed to push boundaries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now