Talk

Advanced search

DS's difficutl questions???!

(2 Posts)
ll1970 Tue 28-Jul-09 11:52:03

My ds is nearly four and asks loads of questions I can't answer- like what is a rainbow and how do cars work! I can't answer them and try and look them up on the internet and then explain in his terms. Any tips from anyone - and I guess this is gonna carry on for years.... What's the hardest question your have ever asked. apart from the 'how are babies made?' one, which I'm dreading...

1stMrsF Tue 28-Jul-09 12:10:26

My 5 year old godson has asked me how my twins were going to get out of my tummy without me splitting open (!) and his 2 year old sister asked me why one of the babies was chewing on my belly button when I was feeding her!

I've found that answering the question as matter of factly as you can is the answer so it sounds like you are doing a great job. e.g. The babies have a special place to come out, She is sucking on my breast because that's where her milk comes from.

Perhaps you should get him a book about how things work? I've seen some very good ones - I got my godson on about the human body for Christmas because he is always asking about how it works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now