Talk

Advanced search

Bizarrest thing just happened- anyone else ever encountered this?

(5 Posts)
blondissimo Mon 27-Jul-09 21:06:12

DP and I were just sitting in lounge watching tv when we heard a funny noise from 1yo ds on the monitor - not a cry, almost like a soft grunt. He kept doing it so I flew upstairs expecting to see him having a fit or being sick or something, only to be confronted with him hysterically laughing!!!grin
I have no idea if he was awake or asleep, but dp thinks he was asleep despite the fact his eyes were open, as they looked glazed. TBH i actually found it quite disturbing!
We carried him through to our room and he just kept doing it and then shut his eyes and went back to sleep.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before????
So weird.........!

DottyDot Mon 27-Jul-09 21:08:19

Hi - yes, a few times with ds2, who has laughed hysterically in his sleep before now - it's very freaky! Mind you, he's a happy soul when he's awake so I wasn't entirely surprised. He also (now he's a bit older) has very vivid dreams bordering on night terrors - walks into our room or goes out onto the landing and is not very upset but completely out of it, even though his eyes are wide open.

KirstyJC Mon 27-Jul-09 21:09:00

Yes, DS1 did the exact same thing when he was little. I think he was asleep too, as his eyes were all distant even though they were awake.

We just videoed it grin [caring parent emoticon] to remind us how cute and funny it was. He soon stopped, although did it with crying too for a while which wasn't so entertaining!

lucymum2four Mon 27-Jul-09 21:16:38

Yes my DD has this too, she will often have a whole conversation with you or laugh hysterically then roll back over and be asleep again..

She does also have night terrors though.
we just have to go along with whats she is telling us and she is ok.

freaks people out if i forget to warn them before she goes for sleep over though.blush

Nothing to worry about though,and not much you can do. smile

blondissimo Mon 27-Jul-09 21:19:03

Phew, glad I'm not the only one - it was quite cute and I suppose laughing is better than crying, but so strange! I've encountered people sleep talking before, but not laughinggrin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now