Talk

Advanced search

What would be a good present...?

(4 Posts)
VerityClinch Mon 27-Jul-09 17:48:15

Please can you help me think of a good birthday present for the about-to-turn-two year old next door?

As a bit of background, I've just had my first baby - she's four weeks - and next door are about to have their second baby in around three weeks time; they have a daughter who is about to turn two, the week before their new baby son is due.

They are a lovely couple and we chat when we bump into each other, but no more than that. They sent us a card and present when our baby was born and, since we are both going to be at home with little ones for the next few months, I'm really keen to get to know them better.

I have a present lined up for their new baby, but just found out about their daughter's birthday today.

What would be a good, but inexpensive (given we are not really "friends") present to get for her birthday? She's not a particularly girly girl/pink princess if you get my drift, and I wouldn't want to buy clothes as that seems a bit personal.

Thanks for any suggestions.

blametheparents Mon 27-Jul-09 17:54:16

A book is always a good idea then.
Our neighbour got my DD (age 4) a book this year and I thought it was lovely, without being overly expensive so I did not feel embarassed.

janeite Mon 27-Jul-09 17:56:33

A book token, so she can choose her own book - and some pretty hair slides for instant gratification!

thaliablogs Mon 27-Jul-09 20:50:24

Peter's chair by ezra keats - about having a new baby in the house. A bit more expensive as you have to find it from an out-of-print seller (plenty on amazon) but its a lovely book and an appropriate present for her given timing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now