Talk

Advanced search

bed time

(2 Posts)
Meav Mon 27-Jul-09 11:05:08

Hi

My 19 week old has been going to bed between 9-10 since he was 7 weeks, i am not sure whether i should be trying to implement an earlier bed time for him, I have tried but he gets very cross when i put him down any earlier as he isnt sleepy and he crys and crys which is very stressful for my partner and I and for him!

Any advise would be grateful, I am wondering if i should keep trying for an earlier bed time or wait until he is on solid food and able to get more energy out by crawling etc.. before i try this?

My friends babies seem to go down at 7-7.30 but he is showing no signs of that.

Many thanks

TurtleAnn Mon 27-Jul-09 11:16:32

My 14-week old has a bed time of 7pm at the latest (usually around 6pm). I am using Sleepsense to get a healthy sleep routine established, by M. Faure and A. Richardson.

I personally don't think it matters much at this age, so long as the kids get enough sleep overall. However, this will become a problem if left long term. I have seen plenty of children in school (as a visiting professional) who have bedtimes late in the night (after 8pm) who are far too tired to do school work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now