Talk

Advanced search

sibling breakfast wars

(10 Posts)
ErnestTheBavarian Mon 27-Jul-09 07:03:20

So they all spend the whole breakfast time bitching complaining arguing making horrible comments, telling each other to shut up, barging past each other, shoulder shoves, the full works, one runs off without the other, one refuses to go with the other.

Come 7.30 they're all out of the door. Probably forget about it and go on to have a lovely day.

I on the other hand feel thoroughly drained and depressed.

They normally get on well. Breakfast time (either cos grumpy early and/or in hurry to get out) just makes them all totally evil with each other.

Tips, cos it's only just gone 8 and I have an overwhelming feeling of doom after breakfast with my little cherubs

BABYNO2CHARLIE Mon 27-Jul-09 09:01:36

Hi just tell them if they argue they will get no breakfast and stick to your word it worked for me when my mum said that because i was always starving in a morning, failing that buy a supernanny book!

piscesmoon Mon 27-Jul-09 09:10:19

I agree -no breakfast-either that or get them to eat it in different rooms or one waits until the other has finished!

seeker Mon 27-Jul-09 09:22:13

Enforced silence. I have zero tolerance of saying shut up and horrible comments.

ErnestTheBavarian Mon 27-Jul-09 09:36:45

I would do the one after the other, but have to get al 4 ready by 7.30 so isn't possible. I might ave to go for a combo of relays/silence shit start to day

misshardbroom Mon 27-Jul-09 12:37:46

Tell them at bedtime tonight that you will not tolerate a repeat of this morning's behaviour.

Explain to them that they can talk at the breakfast table providing they are being pleasant.

If anyone is unpleasant, they get one warning. If they do it again, they leave the table and sit in the other room until 7.30 (whether or not this means they miss their breakfast).

You can always chuck a banana at them in the car / on the bus if you're worried about them going off for the day without any food.

admylin Wed 29-Jul-09 08:00:10

Did they fight this morning then ernest?

My 2 went through phases of that but they will always be grumpy at that time in the morning as they just aren't morning people.

ErnestTheBavarian Wed 29-Jul-09 11:00:41

hi, I think you're right asmylin, they are horrible to each other in the mornings in a way that they aren't at any other time. I think it's tiredness coupled with the hurry to get out of the dorr at 7.30. It stresses them out. Not helped by me being esp bad atm, dd getting me up twice a night. It's killing me.

have fought again, but not as bad as dh has 'taken note of my "dissatisfaction" witht heir behaviour' and is sitting on them. Oh well, only 2 more mornings hten it's the summer holidays. earliest start will be 9, so much calmer.

thanks for your input. At lest I can now clearly see why they're doing it. hopefully by mid september my dd will stop trying to kill me and start sleeping better. Why does the buck always seem to stop with me?

alardi Wed 29-Jul-09 11:07:19

You only have bickering at breakfast time?
Oh, how I wish I had your problem....

ErnestTheBavarian Wed 29-Jul-09 12:00:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now