Talk

Advanced search

HELP _ I'M BEING TAG TEAMED BY A 4 & 3 YEAR OLD

(5 Posts)
Kaza1 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:08:22

Hi I'm sure there are quite a few of you out there in the same situation as me (at least I hope there is). I have a 4 1/2 and 3 year old who are giving me no end of worries. It's like they get together at night and think right how can we wind mum up tomorrow!!! I also have a 9 month old so things are really hectic. My 4 year old is due to start school in August and TBH I think that's really what's needed she is really bright (I know all parents say that) but nursery have commented on how bright and intelligent she is as well. I think alot of it with her is boredom and my 3 year old tends to follow her lead and has frequent tantrums which I try to ignore and they run circles round me. They fight constantly and are just so cheeky. They were calling me 'mum pimpy bum' in the bank this afternoon which is mildly amusing if it was only me but not so when it is full of strangers!!! Any tips on disiplining them. I don't know if having the baby has had an effect on them but I do try to spend time with them individually but when they're being horrid I can see it far enough as I just want to strangle them sad. I put them in the room or time out zone when they're really bad but they enjoy it and say to me 'mum just put me in the time out zone'. I've tried taking toys off them but TBH they don't really play with a lot of toys. They've even been grounded goodness I think I was about 11 before I got grounded. Sorry it's so long. Please help.

P.S. I've spoken to nursery and they are very well behaved and obviuosly different girls in there (typical)envy

Tiredmumno1 Sat 25-Jul-09 20:06:42

Do they have sweets or chocs as treats. If they do, tell them unless they behave they wont have there treat, + stick to it. Or try the reward chart when there good give a sticker when they are bad take one away, if they get to 20, take them out + get a small pressie.

shhhh Sat 25-Jul-09 23:06:29

they sound just like my dd (4) and ds (2). They to gang togther and run rings around me...!

lol at the name calling..(know you don't want to hear thatblush) but it is just kids.

Both dd and ds are going through a stage of calling dh&i mummy&daddy pig (peppa pig)..we are fine with it at times..however my dad took offence when they called him grandad pig grin.

Kaza1 Mon 27-Jul-09 22:18:23

Tiredmum tried the treats and sticker charts to no avail but thinking of trying the charts again. Fingers crossed.
shhh - I know it was quite funny and I must admit I did kind of snigger at first which probably encouraged them to kepp saying it over and over. lol atb the grandad pig my youngest has been doing that too. smile

Tiredmumno1 Mon 27-Jul-09 23:44:35

Aw bless ya kaza. Well if you do try the chart i really hope it works. And just to let you know i do get called stinky alot, its there new thing, its not that bad i suppose, i just hope they think of something nicer next time. Kids eh :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now