Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else hating the holidays with their kids?

(7 Posts)
allgonebellyup Fri 24-Jul-09 19:40:27

I teach in a secondary school and love it. Now it is the holidays i am hating it and wanting to go back to work.

My dd, 9, spends her time terrorising her little brother, and generally making him scream like a baby all day. When i take them out she chases him everywhere til she gets him in a head lock and begins punching his head til he cant take it.
Everyone just stares at us as i am trying to sort dd out.

At home she is awful and is always winding him up til he explodes with rage, then they spend the next few hours on and off trying to kill each other. i spend half my home life in tears cos of her. i am separated from her dad (since she was 2) and also now separated from my ds's dad (2yrs ago).

Feel so miserable, just want to be back at work and away from them. sad sad

danthe4th Fri 24-Jul-09 19:43:23

Send her to the local day camp, ours is £16 per day, money well spent for sanity!!!!

allgonebellyup Fri 24-Jul-09 19:46:02

ooh im not really sure i can afford it, but will look into local classes etc!!

mrshibbins Fri 24-Jul-09 20:14:10

<hugs> and commiseration

i've only got one 8 yr SD to take care of but i've been ticking off the days since approx 1 second into the holidays ....

only 5 weeks and 5 days to go ... (manic laughter)

allgonebellyup Fri 24-Jul-09 21:03:59

Hurrah! Have found "fun sessions" just down the road from us every afternoon and quite cheap too!
dd can murder other kids now!

Kaza1 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:31:51

Totally get what you mean. I have a 4 and 3 year old who just fight constantly. My 4 year old just knows how to wind me up and does so with delight. She starts school this August so yipee!!!! Karen

dubbletrubble Fri 24-Jul-09 23:24:39

Spooky - me too! Mine are 6,4 and 1 and they are driving me round the twist. Deliberately didnt want to put them into summer activities cos I want to spend time with them, but honestly I'd rather be in front of a class of troublesome teenagers than spend all day with them at the moment! The eldest is a nightmare and spends all his time whining about when he can get to play wii, the 4 yo is lovely but becoming aggressive and stir crazy being stuck indoors in the wonderful British Summer Weather. How many weeks is it till the schools go back.................

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now