Talk

Advanced search

DS1 22 months - DS2 3 months doesnt look at him ?

(5 Posts)
Shell001 Fri 24-Jul-09 13:48:21

DS1 is 22 months and doesnt look at his little brother ... normal ?

cyberseraphim Fri 24-Jul-09 19:48:25

Do you have any other concerns ? In itself it might not mean very much.

theyoungvisiter Fri 24-Jul-09 19:52:59

It's probably a settling down thing, I imagine he's just ignoring the baby and hoping he'll go away.

My friend's little girl took nearly 6 months to acknowledge her baby brother in any way shape or form. She simply ignored his existence completely. They get on fairly well now!

BTW your thread title implies it's the other way around so don't be surprised if you get a lot of answers advising about sight tests for the 3 month old smile

Shell001 Fri 24-Jul-09 22:06:52

Oh yes it does .. sorry everyone its meant my DS1 22 months doesnt look or take interest in my DS2 whos 3 months ..
I hope he does take interest at one pop when DS2 would pass wind he would laugh but now he pushes away when try and put them together ..
People said to get DS1 involved with nappies etc but he isnt interested ..

theyoungvisiter Sat 25-Jul-09 08:40:38

well I'm not an expert but I think it sounds normal and nothing to worry about. Maybe if he's still doing it when DS2 is 6 then I'd be concerned wink but 3 months is still very soon to have got used to such a major change in his life and from friends, ignoring seems to be quite a common reaction.

Something that worked really well for us was lots of fake praise from the baby - as in "look at you riding your bike - DS2 is watching you because he thinks you're so clever!" or "DS2 is laughing at you - look at his happy face, he's so lucky to have such a funny big brother." It didn't seem to matter if DS2 was just lying there with his eyes closed. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now