Talk

Advanced search

Baby standing on tippy toes

(7 Posts)
mustsleep Thu 23-Jul-09 18:45:42

so ds (10 months) has just the last couple of weeks started pulling himself up on the sofa etc but he standing on his tip toes

now I do have two ther lo's and can't seem to remember either of hem doing the pulling up thing so soon and can't remember how they stood when they did it

Is being on his tip toes ok? should I try and encourage him to use the flat of his foot? any other ideas grin

Thanks in advance

TurtleAnn Thu 23-Jul-09 19:33:43

I thought that was normal, I've seen loads of kids doing it before they are able to stand alone and walk.

steaknife Thu 23-Jul-09 19:38:07

DD - 10.5 months does both - depends on how high the thing she is pulling up on is. So if it is using my hands or the side of the sofa then she will stand normally but she was on tippy toes the other day for something that was higher, just can't remember what it was she was clinging onto.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Thu 23-Jul-09 19:49:26

My son walked on his tip toes and it was a problem, he also sat on his knees with his legs in a W shape. All would have caused a problem with his hips.

Having said that, he was 3 when this happened so it might be normal at 10 months.

mustsleep Thu 23-Jul-09 20:35:56

thanks just can't remember what the other two did lol

he's still at that stage where his legs are like elastic band and not quie strong enought to hold his weight so he's getting really frustrated grin

DesperateHousewifeToo Fri 24-Jul-09 15:37:47

Dd did this until she was properly walking and then stopped.

I was told by an ot friend that as long as they stop once they start walking, it is nothing to worry about.

Can you/he put his feet flat? i.e. do the backs of his heels stretch to enable them to be flat on the floor?

mustsleep Sun 26-Jul-09 13:36:20

Hi sorry haven't been on over the weekend!

Yeah I can put his feet flat on the floor and he has started to do this himself more ofen too now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now