Talk

Advanced search

Too late to start dream feed?

(3 Posts)
killerkitty Thu 23-Jul-09 15:32:34

My 22-wk daughter normally sleeps from 7pm until 5am, has a quick feed then sleeps for another hour or so. However, just lately she's been waking at 2.30am for a feed and then again at 6.15am.

I breastfeed her and supplement this with feeds of porridge mixed with formula twice a day - she's a big girl (15lbs 3oz) and likes the stodge.

I realise she's waking because she needs more food but I can't force her to breastfeed for longer and she refuses a bottle, so I was wondering if I should start waking her at 11pm for a dreamfeed?

muddleduck Thu 23-Jul-09 15:39:40

Don't assume that it is food that she is waking for. Once she is awake then she will want food but it may well be something else that is waking her in the first place.
IME dream feeds work for some babies but not others. For my boys (both big) they made absolutely no difference to the time that they woke in the morning. Can't hurt to try but I wouldn't count on it working.

killerkitty Thu 23-Jul-09 16:49:02

Hmmm... perhaps you're right. Well, I'll give it a go tonight and see what happens. Thanks for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now