Talk

Advanced search

Baby vaccinations!!!

(5 Posts)
LPO Thu 23-Jul-09 09:38:43

My DS is having his 3 month vaccinations next week and I am absolutely dreading it! The first time he had them he screamed and stopped breathing and went purple (everything you imagine). This was followed by continuous crying for hours on end and big lumps on his little legs.
It was awful, I'm not sure if it was harder for me or for him.
Does anyone have any magic ideas that can make this any easier???

peanutbutterkid Thu 23-Jul-09 09:44:05

IME, if he reacted that much last time it will be much easier this time (no lumps and endless crying, I mean, because his immune system got triggered well to everything last time). You can give them more doses of Calpol at 3 months, which is a help, I found.

NellyNoKnicks Thu 23-Jul-09 09:49:53

My son was like that the first tme round, so much so that I couldn't sleep the night before I had to take him again because of how grumpy he was.... the second time round, he cried for a minute and then gave me a smile. Here's hoping the same for you

TurtleAnn Thu 23-Jul-09 11:37:59

Tell the nurse, he might be like my DS who reacted to the 12-week jabs and now GP has sent us for allergy testing to see if he is allergic to the egg culture used in the vaccine. I have been advised to delay the 16-week jabs until we know whether he is allergic.

stuffitlllama Thu 23-Jul-09 11:48:04

I wouldn't do it. The idea that because it was so bad last time it will be alright this time is rather unexpected.

However, that's me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now