Talk

Advanced search

Someone talk to me coz Im about to loose it with him!

(15 Posts)
Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 18:34:54

He's just really pushing me well past my limits today. Hes had 1 to 1 attention all day and now Im at my wits end.

I just grabbed hold of him and shouted. He burst into tears and ran into the other room.

Some1 help me.

WigWamBam Sat 21-May-05 18:36:44

Calm down, let him calm down for a minute too, then go and give him a hug. It sounds as if you've frightened him and he will need reassurance that you still love him.

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 18:37:07

louise - how old is he?

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 18:39:49

He's 4. I feel really guilty as its supposed to be 'special time' as ds2 is away for the weekend with his grandparents.

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 18:44:06

They know how to push your buttons dont they. I have an almost 3 year old and he drives me to distraction sometime.

If you feel like you are loosing your cool let him have some alone time in his room for a while even if it means him watch a video or something. Have a break for a while to chill out and you will feel better after

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 18:45:11

Dont feel guilty. If you have been 1 on 1 all day no wonder you are winding each other up. You need a break. I would do as www says and reassure him and then busy him with something else whilst you have a break

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 18:48:38

He just wont leave me alone though. I went in teh bath before and he followed me. He went to toilet and wanted me to sit with him till hed finished.

Im just getting a bit p**sed off with him. I fell like hes doing things just to annoy me. Hes never like this for my mother or when he's at school. Y just for me.

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 18:51:31

sounds like he trying to grab your attention and it is back firing! Is he a bit jealous of ds2?

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 18:54:34

Not usually. He has all of my attention today. We've done everythig he's asked since he finished school yesterday. Ive explained that its special time as ds2 is away and he seemed to understand that.

Hes like this most of time when he's with me. Just everyone says its because I give ds2 more attention. So why is he still doing it?

I get support from gp or health visitor and Im convinced he has something wrong.

SoBlue Sat 21-May-05 18:58:46

He might be overstimulated by all the attention. I usually say i have a headache or not feeling well when iv had enough. We get comfy on the sofa with ds(4)on my chest and he can watch his video and get a cuddle while i relax. With any luck he'l drop off and so will you. Ready to start again.

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 19:01:53

We are goin to make some food then watch 101 Dalmations II. Then hopefully we will both fall asleep. I has been a long day and he's been to a judo grading. As he's just started he wasnt involved and he's just told me this upset him. Now I feel mega guilty!

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 19:05:46

dont feel guilty you are only human and lets face it they know what buttons to push. I hope you are ok x

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 19:06:27

I will be after a nice cuddle on couch and a dvd. Then sleep. Thanks you lot.
x x x

emily05 Sat 21-May-05 19:13:08

later on why do you start another thread and list all his behaviours when you have more time. Then perhaps you can get some long term advice about what may be at the root of this(I hope that makes sense!)

Enjoy the video! x

SoBlue Sat 21-May-05 19:22:00

Sounds good to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now