Talk

Advanced search

What age/weight is reccommended to take out the head support in the baby car seat??

(4 Posts)
indi4 Wed 22-Jul-09 13:36:42

Hi my little one is 17 weeks and is a long big boy ! He looks very scrunched in his car seat. I was not sure at what weight or age that you can take out the head/back support out?

mamadiva Wed 22-Jul-09 13:50:37

Don't know for sure but I'd say aslong as he can hold his head up and steadily he should be fine so long as it's not falling off to one side IYKWIM.

If not can you adjust the straps to a higher position that way it moves the pad up a little bit can make a big difference!

Otherwise maybe look into a combination seat that is rear facing then forward or total rear facing as these are larger and last a few years!

thegrammerpolice Wed 22-Jul-09 17:55:53

Unless it says something in the instructions, there is no set weight/ age. It is about when they can support their head without it lolling around. HTH

Jumbs Thu 23-Jul-09 11:15:04

My DS is 15 wks old and I've just taken his out. Should have done it sooner but he doesn't go in the car much. He can hold his head well and is too scrunched in witht he head support.

DS, like yours, is big and long. Provided his head control is ok I would say take it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now