Talk

Advanced search

16 month tantrums?

(4 Posts)
Emmaroo Wed 22-Jul-09 09:17:21

Hello
Occurring more often at the moment is my DD laying on the floor in a protest to me wanting her to do something else or walk in another direction. She doesnt scream or kick or carry on - she just lays on the floor and wont let me pick her up without a struggle. When Im on my own I continue doing what Im doing with her at my feet and she eventually gets up. Or If Im moving on I pick her up and distract her with something interesting eg - look at that mannequin, wow see that dog there. etc etc.
When Im with DH he thinks that if its me that she has 'carried on with' then he should step in and pick her up and carry her to the car, chair etc. is this undermining me and what i would like her to do?
i do hope this makes sense.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 22-Jul-09 09:21:46

I'd get used to it - they do this for years. It gets more interesting too - DD now regularly fails around screaming and refusing to do anything. You are doing fine, this is the right thing to do. It doesn't really matter what your DH does as long as you are both consistent and don't pay too much heed to this behaviour - DH and I handle DD's tantrums entirely differently but all along the lines of 'no-one is impressed, but if you do as we ask things will be nicer'.

Casserole Wed 22-Jul-09 10:10:22

'no-one is impressed, but if you do as we ask things will be nicer'.

WMMC I might tattoo this on my forehead!

whomovedmychocolate Wed 22-Jul-09 10:25:37

Oh and don't be too proud to use bribery either! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: