Talk

Advanced search

17 wk old feeding frenzy/ grumpy/ bored- gowth spurt

(6 Posts)
GYo Wed 22-Jul-09 03:35:35

For the past week I've been wondering where my excellent sleeping happy DD (exclusive BF) has gone.

Last week she slept through for 12hrs solid and I was so happy (shows she can do it!) but since then she has been:
*grumpy- getting bored of everything withing a few minutes
*Crying a lot for what I think is food so has been feeding all the time (was feeding every 3 hrs now feeding 2hrs or more during the day
*She is now waking twice or three times at night

If this is a growth spurt please can anyone tell me how long it will last? Will I get the nice pattern of feeding every 3 hrs back again or will she be more dependent on regular feeding now?

Feeling confused as to what to do but im currenttly feeding her as she wants etc.

TIA!

CowWatcher Wed 22-Jul-09 14:52:30

She could be coming down with something, teething, having a growth spurt or any number of other things you can't diagnose, coz you can't ask her. My daughter went through phases, I think most small babies do. My best advice is to go with it and try not to get upset that she is behaving like a normal baby and not sleeping as much as she was. Best of luck with her.

Sayyesmummy Wed 22-Jul-09 14:56:03

This might explain hopefully

MrsBadger Wed 22-Jul-09 14:57:54

'this too shall pass'

even the good bits, unfortunately

keep feeding on demand

Sayyesmummy Wed 22-Jul-09 14:58:03

sorry - the website is right but you want to go to "home" page then to "wonder weeks"

GYo Wed 22-Jul-09 17:05:22

Thanks sayyesmummy- thats really interesting. DD has definately been doing more in last 2wks too so it fits....

Right now she is trying to roll over, but thankfully less grumpy today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now