Talk

Advanced search

Growth spurts - when and for how long?

(2 Posts)
VerityClinch Tue 21-Jul-09 17:27:12

Can anyone tell me when newborn growth spurts are supposed to happen, and for how long?

My 20 day old has gone from feeding every three hours to wanting to feed every 1.5 or 2 hours, but wanting less at each feed (but getting more overall, due to feeding more often).

Is this a growth spurt, or just a change in her feeding pattern? And if the latter, is there any reason? It's really knackering my sleep.

Gleno Tue 21-Jul-09 18:39:24

Sounds bang on to me! That's exactly what my LO done, for the first 2 weeks was feeding 3 hourly, then went to 2 hours but only for about a week....Then it started to lengthen so don't worry, it will defo get better soon until the next growth spurt!

All I can say is try to sleep when you LO sleeps. I really did take my sister's advice on this and they were soooo right, otherwise you end up absolutely worn out.

It does get better, hang on in there and just enjoy every minute as it all goes so quickly! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now