Talk

Advanced search

When to transfer DS from lying flat in pram to sitting up position?

(5 Posts)
Kalikaroo Tue 21-Jul-09 08:18:00

Hi! smile

DS is 14 weeks old and currently lies flat in the carry cot part of his pram. He's getting quite big and heavy now for the carry cot, but I don't know if he's ready to sit up in the buggy position yet.

The pram converts into a buggy btw. When should I put him in a sitting up position?

TIA

Qally Tue 21-Jul-09 08:24:15

I moved DS when he seemed fed up with lying down all the time - wanted to see out - but his buggy bit has a baby insert and a near flat recline. At 14 weeks, you really do need them to have a decent recline for sleep times, IMO. If the buggy can lie nearly flat, you're fine to make the transfer I think.

biggernow Tue 21-Jul-09 08:32:31

my son was about 3months plus when he was able to- and even then he was in recline. hth.

imaynotbeperfectbutimokmummy Tue 21-Jul-09 08:36:21

I think the consensus is when they can sit unaided. I can't remember when we put dd in the chair bit, but it was early because she was HUGE grin

fireandice Tue 21-Jul-09 09:10:20

I put my dd in a semi sitting up position from 4 months. Thats the advice I was given in the shop I bought the pram in. And from 5 months she was in a sitting position... even though she couldn't sit up without support.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now