Talk

Advanced search

2 years old not going forward with his little tike cosy coup

(11 Posts)
margobambino Mon 20-Jul-09 22:59:04

We bought this when he was 18 months. At the beginning we found it funny when he was going only backward but I have started worried about it now as he is now 2 and he is unable to go forward. Anybody had this sort of problem/worry before?

LovelyRitaMeterMaid Mon 20-Jul-09 23:17:08

I can't remember when mne learned how to go forwards - it took a while for them to get it.

I wouldn't worry too much - what's he like at other physical things?

margobambino Mon 20-Jul-09 23:32:10

Thanks LovelyRitaMeterMaid for your answer.
He walked when he was 10 months old. Climbed out from his cot around 18 months. Now manages stairs. I don't know what else he is supposed to do though.
With cosy coup, he doesn't even try to go forwards. So we actually don't know whether he cannot do it or doesn't want to do it.

slowreadingprogress Mon 20-Jul-09 23:38:34

ds went backwards for ages in his! At quite a speed too. I think it's just easier for their little legs to push backwards.

MumHadEnough Mon 20-Jul-09 23:55:33

Yeah I remember ds getting his at 2 and he went backwards for months in it. He also walked/climbed really early too btw.

RumourOfAHurricane Tue 21-Jul-09 09:38:45

Message withdrawn

margobambino Tue 21-Jul-09 21:32:22

Thank you very much girls. I feel better now. This is why I love mumsnet!

Tambajam Tue 21-Jul-09 21:43:31

My 4 yr old still wants to go backwards when he has a turn in his coupe (now being used by his sister). You can get a much better speed up as you can stretch your legs and do a good kick. Going forward is just a rubbish shuffle. Not remotely as satisfying.

MoonchildNo6 Wed 22-Jul-09 12:36:29

My 22mo can't do it either and he's quite big. He just gets out and pushes it round the garden, much more fun grin

crokky Wed 22-Jul-09 12:51:38

My kids have one of these. They love it, but they mainly push it or sit in it and pretend to drive. Neither of them actually take it forwards - my DS is a strapping 3.4yo and he is capable of taking it forwards (have seen him do it), but he doesn't do it much.

GoldenSnitch Wed 22-Jul-09 12:52:19

My DS has had his Cozy Coupe for about a year (it was a hand me down) and has only just managed to get the thing to go forward at 2.4 and even then, it's slow and shuffly. He still goes backwards more often cause it's easier and he can go faster.

Must be quite hard to go forward though I think cause it's a bench type seat that they're on and it's quite thick. The seat must make pushing thier legs backwards (to propel them forwards) quite hard by getting in the way...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now