Talk

Advanced search

toddler food issues ! ok i know its a cliche but...

(4 Posts)
mamatilly Mon 20-Jul-09 14:18:08

he is getting more and more fussy... WHY?!!

he was amazing when weaning and would eat anything! suddenly - its baked beans all the way... i hid a tiny pea in his mash last week - he was FURIOUS!

how firm are you? is it 'to bed with no supper and you can eat this for breakfast or 'ok how about xxx instead?'

if he is eating fruits, cheeses, cereals etc should i just chill out about veggies, fish etc???

MumofJTM Mon 20-Jul-09 21:34:19

How old is your LO?

Mine is nearly 2, and he's quite fussy, though better than he was a few months ago. I am reluctant to do "that's your supper - eat it or go hungry" cos I'm not sure that he'd get it yet, and then demand other stuff later. I don;t think his memory is that good! I tend to eat with him, cos it makes him a bit more curious about trying new things if I'm there raving like a loony about how delicious carrots are, or whatever!

Apparently, it's an evolution thing that toddlers become more fussy as a protective mechanism as they become more mobile from their days as cave man toddlers where they could eat all sorts of nasty berries etc that might poison them . . . hmm

Depends on age of LO, I guess.

Reesie Mon 20-Jul-09 22:17:34

I hate cooking so I make one meal for the family to eat every evening - you either eat it or starve. It's tasty nutritious stuff and I make it from scratch.

Some days dd won't eat it - other days she eats with gusto. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to it.

I'm in the camp of - you can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Feelingforty Mon 20-Jul-09 22:54:14

I think you should just say something like, ok & take it away. Don't make a big deal about it.

Also don't offer anything else as an alternative because then your giving him the option of other foods. Also make sure he is hungry - ie hasn't eaten for about 2 hours beforehand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now