Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very clingy 14mo twins

(3 Posts)
SeeingDouble Mon 20-Jul-09 13:47:03

My twin DSs are lovely but incredibly clingy! One in particular will burst into tears whenever he sees a new face and both of them refuse to be picked up by anyone other than myself or DH (screaming and kicking ensues). They go to nursery one day a week and we also go to playgroups. They are more than happy around other kids - they just don't seem to like adults, which can make it v difficult for visiting friends and rellies, not to mention getting a babysitter ...
Anyone else been through this?

Besom Mon 20-Jul-09 18:00:04

I haven't been through it myself but my younger brother was extremely wary of adults other than my parents, and wasn't even that fussed on my dad. The doctor told my mother he was profoundly deaf - he wasn't, he was just petrified of the doctor.

Like your dt's my db was always fine with other children and I think this is the most important thing when it comes to developing their social skills. (DB is now an extremely socially skilled and gregarious adult).

I do also know that separation anxiety is completly normal, but different children will have it at different times. All you can really do is go with it and try to reassure them as much as possible.

SeeingDouble Mon 20-Jul-09 19:21:39

Thanks Besom. I'll roll with it. I particularly like the story about the doctor

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now