Talk

Advanced search

DD heart her chin on a trampoline bar and now she's got a wobbly tooth?

(12 Posts)
toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 16:58:29

Hi DD just turned 5 and this afternoon she was jumping on a small trampoline at her grandad's house (I wasn't there she was with her daddy) and bumped her chin on the bar.
She cried for a little bit and when she came home she said "mummy I hurt my teeth" and when I asked which one she showed me her bottom middle one (the first ones that come through when they are babies) which had a tiny bit of blood at the base of it.
To my horror when I felt it, it started wobbling!
My husband assured me that she hurt her chin on the bar but like I said to him she could have bit her teeth and broken that one at the base.
My question is: It could be a coincidence and this could be her first wobbly tooth, but, if it's not and the bar of the trampoline broke it before it's meant to, is she still going to have a new one coming through? Should I phone NHS direct?
Sorry to sound thick but I'm completely clueless about this!

Please help I'm worried!

toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 16:59:26

Sorry just realised I spelt the title wrongly, I meant "DD hurt her chin on a trampoline"

toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 17:11:09

P.S: I don't know if this is anything to do with it but DD had her first tooth really early, she was 8 weeks. And her second at 3 months. I was wondering if the earlier you get them the earlier you loose them?

moaningminnie2020 Sun 19-Jul-09 17:24:49

Not sure if it needs seeing or not, but I would ring the local OOH dentist number for advice, I hear NHSD has very long waiting times for non emergencies because of the flu...they may have a dental nurse doing triage who can advise you

saintdobby Sun 19-Jul-09 17:27:46

leave it alone. Dds front tooth came OUT, we pushed it back in and it's still there nearly a year later. Baby teeth can do that.

toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 17:40:26

Are you serious? How old was she?

slowreadingprogress Sun 19-Jul-09 18:26:46

wouldn't worry at all. My ds lost his first tooth at just turned 5. in his class he was probably the first but a few others soon followed;

but ds has a friend in year 3, age 8 and he hasn't lost any yet. It really varies but 5 is not too young.

I most certainly wouldn't go phoning the dentist about it. It's a milk tooth, slight bump - if it comes out, another will come sooner or later anyway

herbietea Sun 19-Jul-09 18:30:57

Message withdrawn

toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 18:31:31

Thank you for that, I actually phoned the OOH dental advice line and the woman just advised me to go to my dentist tomorrow, as because she's not in pain she is not classifyed as an emergency.
The only reason I kind of worried was because I had heard somewhere that if you have a tooth injury, even if it's not broken it could be damaged under the gum.
But thank you for your reassuring messages!

toffeeapple Sun 19-Jul-09 18:36:56

Herbietea did you mean dental nurse? wink

mumeeee Mon 20-Jul-09 13:21:43

Don't worry. DD2 lost her first milk tooth at 4.5. So if it comes out she will eventually get her 2nd tooth there.

saintdobby Mon 20-Jul-09 17:09:52

Sorry, been off-line

She was 4.5

My friend who used to work in A&E said they sort of glue them back in, and they mostly stay if you get them back in soon enough and they're not damaged, they have v shallow roots or something

hers went quite black for a couple of months? can't remember exactly how long, but is completely indistinguishable from the others now

How did it go today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now