Talk

Advanced search

How to stop toddler wriggling out of car seat straps - it has been checked and fitted fine

(3 Posts)
MrsPickles Sun 19-Jul-09 14:18:36

Have tried our car seat with the strap settings in all possible positions, and just been to mothercare who say it is fitted fine and pulled as tight as can be and some toddlers just do this - DD 2.3 can wriggle out the straps in about 5 seconds! Its very tight on her shoulders but basically still loose enough further down for her to get out if that makes sense. Can keep her entertained for short journeys if we're both in the car but in a half hour journey on my own to my mum's yesterday had to pull over four times and did a lot of shouting!
Does anyone else's toddler do this and how do I stop her? Have to do a 4.5 hour journey to the north east next week and dreading it! She doesn't really nap in the car either anymore so it's going to be tricky!

pscc Sun 19-Jul-09 14:25:37

my son does this often, not very nice in the heat- but have you tried putting a cardigan on? I find that helps, as my son struggkes for a bit and then gives up.
Good luck whatever you try.

MrsPickles Sun 19-Jul-09 16:50:40

pscc that is a good idea! A bulky cardy or coat wld definitely make it harder, I was wondering if there I was something I could do to make DD wider! She's recently lost her baby belly and is a right skinny minny now. I could whack the air con on high so wldn't be too bad! Thanks, will try that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now