Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is my 19 month old hyperactive?

(6 Posts)
Nagley Sat 18-Jul-09 21:04:10

Hi there, just seeking advice for the dd, 19 months.

My ds, aged five, has always been a good sleeper and on average always slept approx. 11 - 12 hours per night from 11 weeks old.

However, dd, is a different kettle of fish. She sleeps on average for 10 hours a night and naps for approx. 1 hour - 1.5 hour per day, but sometimes as little as 20 mins.

She is a busy little girl, is not a tv watcher (like ds was) and is always busy playing etc.

Does this sound normal? I desperately want her to sleep longer at night but really do not know how?

Thank you, any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Charlotte

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 18-Jul-09 21:06:48

She sounds perfectly normal.

you are finding out how totally different siblings can be!

mine for example - ds1 woke up every 2 hours day and night for 15 months!

ds2 slept right through from day one!

If she's active, happy and thriving, she's getting enough sleep for her.

MyCatisGreebo Sat 18-Jul-09 21:09:07

Sounds normal to me and just like my DD. In fact she gave up naps at about 18/19mths. She was / is always on the go (although does watch TV now a bit - 3.8yrs old - which has helped give me a break as now have 5mth old DS), sleeps 11hrs at night and is ful of beans.

She may well sleep longer as she get s older or drops her daytime naps but 10hrs is pretty good really. Do you want her to sleep longer so she gets up later?

MyCatisGreebo Sat 18-Jul-09 21:10:32

Also, DS is an excellent sleeper who naps happily, is very placid and is completely different. As Hecates says, you (and I) are finding how different children in one family can be.

Nagley Sat 18-Jul-09 21:12:27

In an ideal world I would LOVE her to get up later, her norm is between 5 and 6 am. She goes to bed around 7.30, normally alseep by 8 as she potters around in her cot.

I guess it is just her but just wondered what everyones view were.

Thank you.

MyCatisGreebo Sat 18-Jul-09 22:12:49

Getting up that early is pretty typical for her age. DD did that too around that age - started to get better as she got over two and now she gets up around 7/730 (also goes to sleep around 730/8). THere was a thread a couple of days ago about early waking (titled Competitive Early waking thread or something like that) that should make you feel better and soooo not alone on that front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now