Talk

Advanced search

Non stop screeching!! At wits end.. Help!!!

(3 Posts)
envy27 Thu 16-Jul-09 20:20:26

My 7 month old dd is screeching non stop. She doesn't do it everyday but it's becoming more and more often. And her screech is very high pitched and goes right through you - it's really not nice and is severely headache causing. People have complained about her at baby friendly restraunts and when we're out and about we attract all kinds of comments/ attention as everyone can hear her. Some comments not so pleasant, others amusing. But it's driving me mad!! Once she gets in to her screeching there seems to be no stopping her unless she has one on one attention. Not possible to give her that all day. I give her toys which help for a few minutes but then she get bored and starts again. I really don't know what to do. Any help, advice, suggestions, similar experience... please reply. Thanks.

Besom Thu 16-Jul-09 20:33:59

I remember my dd went through a high pitched screeching phase but it did eventually stop after a few weeks I think.

I think they just do it because they can. It can be embarrassing in public but if people are complaining then they are nasty and horrible and not worth bothering about.

She may also be going through some separation anxiety if she wants to be next to you all the time. Again this is just a phase and all you can do is try to give her as much physical comfort as you can.

It will pass, I promise you.

envy27 Thu 16-Jul-09 21:49:36

Thanks for your response... at least there's hope! She mainly does it when we're out, not when at home. At home, within reason, I am able to leave her to play by herself while I get on with stuff. Screeching happens when we're out and she's in her pushcahir.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now