Talk

Advanced search

how can I stop dd2 (2 yrs) from pulling her older sisters hair all the time???

(5 Posts)
Tulia Thu 16-Jul-09 12:59:39

i dont know if there is any answer to this, basically dd2 (aged 25 months) is constantly pulling her older sisters hair, she really pulls hard and actually pulls some of her hair out, and she is doing this numerous times every day.

in all other respects dd2 is actually very well behaved, she just doesnt seem to think there is anything wrong with pulling her sisters hair, despite us telling her off.

what i have been doing is every time she does it i just tell her off and strap her into her highchair and try to ignore her for about 5 to 10 minutes, but the trouble is she just thinks its all so funny! She laughs when i tell her off and just sits giggling in her highchair. when i take her out the highchair and make her promise to be good she will just go off and do it again five minutes later!

ive tried naughty steps but she just will not stay there and just giggles about it all, she is quite laid back about it all!

i really dont know what to do, is she just too young to understand? any of the measures i used to take to discipline dd1 just dont work on dd2 - she literally looks at me as if to say "look at my face - do i look bovvverred???" grin

any suggestions? dd1 has very fine hair and i am worried that dd2 constantly pulling at it is not good for her hair.

Tortington Thu 16-Jul-09 13:04:07

remove her from the situation and put her somewhere she doesn't like (step) for 5 mins.

see mumsnet tv

seeker Thu 16-Jul-09 13:14:20

Had you considered letting the older child sort it out? I have always intervened as little as possible between my two, and they always seem to come to a compromise.

Tulia Thu 16-Jul-09 13:14:46

thanks custardo - i think she must be getting the terrible twos!

Tulia Thu 16-Jul-09 13:16:58

Seeker - the strange thing is that dd1 does not fight back at all which surprises me actually, she just lets dd2 do it and just crys (she is only 3 herself by the way), i really hope she grows out of it soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now