Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS1 (nearly 4) in bad mood since birth of DS2 (age 11 weeks)

(2 Posts)
Rebecca41 Thu 16-Jul-09 12:39:11

Is this normal?

We've worked through all the initial stresses of a new baby, and now DS1 is very loving towards DS2, genuinely likes having him around etc. I've made a huge effort to keep on doing fun things, trips out etc, so that DS1 still has as nice a life as possible.

But DS1 seems to be in a permanently bad mood. He used to be so happy and smiley, but now he seems to moan constantly, and greet every suggestion with miserable negativity.

I can hardly ever make him laugh, everything I say is wrong, everything I do is wrong. Even his most favourite activities only make him smile for a few moments, then he starts moaning again.

Is this common? Is this how he'll be from now on? Will my cheerful boy return??

Tulia Thu 16-Jul-09 13:21:33

i think that 11 weeks is still quite a short amount of time and your ds is probably still getting used to things, i would just give it time and make a big fuss of him, tell him what a great big brother he is etc.

Some of it could just be his age, i think at nearly 4 he is very aware of things but whilst still being very young iyswim?

sorry i'm not much help, but i do think it is very common what you are experiencing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now