Talk

Advanced search

Sharing a bath

(15 Posts)
HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 19:54:17

Wasn't sure where to post this. Bit of asensitive subject. My DD(6) and DS (7) up until two nights ago always bathed together I just threw them in and let them get on with it. However the other night DH went in and heard the following.
Dd "Go on touch your willy and make it go up"
DS then proceeded tpo w.... after which I went in and casually said my goodness you both look took big to fit inthe bath togehter I think you should start going in separately.

I am sure this kind of behaviour is pretty normal but when do you start to separate them and what do you do with this kind of thing. Anyone with any advice or similar experience?

shimmy21 Thu 19-May-05 19:57:36

No answer but interested to know what answers you get. My 2 dss share a bath (6 and 8) and willy games feature quite highly in their top ten list of bathtime amusements. have been wondering if they should be separated ...

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 19:59:23

i would agree that is all just natural curiousity, but I would take it as my cue to let them bathe seperately from now on. Don't make a big fuss about it.

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 20:10:43

I knew I was right by not making a fuss but at the moment willy and kissing of the oposite sex seem to be high on the list of topics. Apparently today DS and his friend were talking about kissing girls and sharing beds. I am by no means a prude and I am open and honest with my kids but just wanted to see if this was all normal at this early age.

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:11:29

It is normal

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:11:29

It is normal

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 20:19:42

They just seem so young. I guess I was the same and like me my kids won't remember.

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:22:32

Yeah, but my DD has been messing about with her 'twinkle' since she was about 6 months old, and has been fascinated by Dh's & her brother's 'winkies' for the last 4 or 5 months and she's not 3 until august !

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:23:48

It's really common for little boys, even at toddler age to play with their willies to get an erection. They just see it as a game that feels nice, nothing sinister. I wouldn't worry about it.

shimmy21 Thu 19-May-05 20:27:32

Just finished bathtime and I've decided that willies are the least of our problems. In fact farting under water, flicking each other with wet flannels, spitting waterfalls and the lake of water on the floor are much more likely to be what bring about separate bathtimes

My boys favourite treat by the way is being allowed to wear pants and socks in the bath -perhaps that could help prevent the experimentation

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 20:30:22

I am not worried really but I just thought MN was a place whre one could share similar experiences I know my DS has been playing with his willy since god knows when but my DD is 6 going on 16 and that is a bit worrying.

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 20:34:15

ditto that, just finished mopping up the water so no one slips on their nightly visits to the loo and breaks their necks considering DD is constantly wearing a pair of 4" heeled boots I can hear her now and she should be in in bed!!!!

Tipex Thu 19-May-05 20:56:23

Hondadream PMSL at the thought of your little un tottering about upstairs in her fancy heels when she should be sleeping!! Arent kids fab!!

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 21:06:33

Tipex I just discovered the Acroynm List so I know what pmsl means which is something I do a lot but only since child birth and not always at jokes.. Tne boots are also leopard skin a remnat from au apir whos main aim in life was to get a sh.. obviously th e boots didn't help as she left them behind. And yes ma kids are so fab I fired Au pair and stayed at home instead.

HondaDream Thu 19-May-05 21:29:31

Sorry about spelling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now