Talk

Advanced search

sleeping on the floor

(6 Posts)
jenster1976 Tue 14-Jul-09 19:08:58

My 2 yr old has just given up her cot to her baby sister, it's been quite hard work, bt now she's happy to go to sleep on her own again in her room, but she insists on sleeping on the floor. We just go in and move her later on, when she's totally zonked hoping that its something she'll get out of but I don't know why she does it, does anyone else have this and will she eventually decide that her bed really is more comfy? She'll happily lie in bed for stories and milk and the second I say night night, she jumps up, picks up her teddy and says "night night floor now mummy". anysuggestions welcome!

yomellamoHelly Tue 14-Jul-09 19:20:54

Our ds1 did this. His favourite spot was just behind the door. Took about a year for him to start staying in bed. We just kept on moving him back into bed.

UniS Tue 14-Jul-09 21:51:22

it won;t do her nay harm. she will grow out of it eventually probably. MY lad does sleep in his bed at night but has been known to nap on the floor - he makes himself a "dog bed" and curls up quite happily.

nickytwotimes Tue 14-Jul-09 21:53:19

Ds does this at his Granny's house and is quite happy. SOmetimes he gets put back in, sometimes he is left and is fine either way tbh.
I did a similar thing as a kid apparently and used my duvet to make a wee nest.

Quite sweet, really.

DidEinsteinsMum Tue 14-Jul-09 21:55:12

we have had 2 reasons for this. ds says
1. he is scared he might fall out of bed
2. its more comfortable

Doesn't do him any harm but he is too heavy to move so he stays there and he is only allowed to do it if he puts himself there in the process of going to sleep.

jenster1976 Wed 15-Jul-09 12:04:04

Thanks everyone, she's on the floor now for her nap and quite happy - "daddy move me bed later" she just told me as i left the room! so i guess it bothers me more than her!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now