Talk

Advanced search

Really sullen 4 year old

(4 Posts)
ilikesunshine Tue 14-Jul-09 14:29:45

DS1 has always been a serious child, even as a baby, but recently he has become more and more sullen. His default expression is often so moody it's actually laughable. My worry is that it's stopping him from making friends - other people's children seem like little rays of sunshine next to him. He also never wants to get involved with games that other children are playing, but would rather play on his own. Has anybody else got a child like this? How did you cope and how did you encourage them that this is not the best way to get through life?

ilikesunshine Wed 15-Jul-09 19:45:11

Bump. Oh dear, am I the only one?

Pitchounette Wed 15-Jul-09 20:27:10

Message withdrawn

ilikesunshine Fri 17-Jul-09 14:29:30

Yes, sounds a bit like DS in that he's forever saying he can't do things, and gives up at the first attempt. But he's also just got this really grumpy sullen face and I think it really puts people off him. (In contrast when he smiles he's beautiful and is absolutely charming when he wants to be!) I know I just have to accept who he is, but it's so hard when I know it's going to make life so much harder for him.
Thanks for replying - there's not much advice to give really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now