Talk

Advanced search

my ds1 loves to suck a hair and it's driving me mad

(3 Posts)
2cats2kids Tue 14-Jul-09 13:37:27

My ds1 has a habit which is really starting to wind me up. He has sucked his thumb since he was 6months (not an issue for me) but for the last 18 months he has started sucking a hair at the same time as his thumb. These are usually one of my hairs that he has found but he picks them off the bathroom floor, hairbrush, in fact anywhere he can see one. I know its a comfort/stress thing as he always seems to go and find a hair when we have had words and will now go and hide from me to suck it in peace (ugh!!) I have tried ignoring it, praising him when he gives the hair to me, distracting him but its getting to the point where the more he does it the more he winds me up and that is just making it worse.

Should I try and stop him or should I just let him grow out of it.

Curlygirly Tue 14-Jul-09 14:24:13

I could have written your post! ds2 sucks his thumb and one of my hairs. Makes me feel sick. He usually gets them off the floor but I go mad at him when he tries to pull them out of my head!!

Hoping this will stop when he starts school in Sept and has to go all day hairless!

CouldYouWouldYouWithaGoat Tue 14-Jul-09 14:25:18

[boak] dd sucks her own hair on occassion but this is much worse [not helping emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now