Talk

Advanced search

Things toddlers do...

(26 Posts)
RinkyDinkyPinky Mon 13-Jul-09 22:03:46

DD1 (2.9) lost my mob phone (I know I should have wrestled it from her when I saw her playing with it) then told me she'd hidden it... in the vegetable patch... of which we have four.

After an exhaustive search of veg patches in the twilight I took my search inside and turned the house upside down...

And then I found the packet of fresh mince that she'd helpfully unpacked from a supermarket trip, TEN DAYS AGO, and hidden in the solid oak dining room cabinet!

OMG the smell when I opened the door!

What has your little devil angel done recently?

thisisyesterday Mon 13-Jul-09 22:07:51

<sniggers>

GiraffeAHolic Mon 13-Jul-09 22:08:02

Threw my oven glove in the bin,

Dangled her beloved Cuski over the toilet (I fortunately found her and did that slow motion running thing shouting nooooooooo )

Carried her plastic chair across the lounge, placed it in front of shelves, climbed on it, stood up and detattched the wii remotes.

Hid one of my every day shoes behind the sofa (it took me a week to find it)

And she's only 15 months hmm

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 13-Jul-09 22:08:15

DH made me a sponge cake with DD aged just 3. They went to the supermarket to buy ingredients, and dh picked up some scourers/sponges while there. DD was v excited about this 'for mama's sponge cake'. When making it with dd (i was in front room) i heard a 'what on earth are you doing?!!!!!!' and this little voice 'i am putting the sponges in mama's cake' and it turns out DD was dunking some sponges into the mixture thinking they were ingredients grin i howled with laughter!

alicecrail Mon 13-Jul-09 22:14:20

DD (20months) has taken to picking up sticks in the garden, dipping them in the soil and licking them. hmm

CharCharGabor Mon 13-Jul-09 22:18:12

DD has fallen off the couch 3 (!) times in a few days, belting her head every time.

Today I caught her crawling round on her head instead of hands hmm

DP asked for a lick of DD's ice lolly as a joke this afternoon and she said know and hid it grin

RinkyDinkyPinky Mon 13-Jul-09 22:19:09

PMSL at responses. grin

DD2 (1.1) threw her beloved Bunny in the bath in a frenzy of excitement then howled when I fished it out all soggy.

chegirl Mon 13-Jul-09 22:19:48

Licked all the plums in the fruit bowl and put them back.

Sucked the remotes so much we had to replace them.

Keeps handing things that he can reach (and puppy can not) to the puppy. Mind you puppy returns the favour. Between the two of them nothing is safe.

CharCharGabor Mon 13-Jul-09 22:23:33

Oh yes DD peed on the remote so we had to replace it. Delightful child hmmgrin

alicecrail Mon 13-Jul-09 22:24:50

Chegirl, you have just reminded me about DD at my friends house the other day.

We were visiting my friend and DD kept picking up the dog's biscuits from the dog's bowl and feeding them to their dog. When the dog decided it didn't want anymore, DD started eating the dog biscuits herself. I blame her father

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 13-Jul-09 22:27:37

DD has hidden every single butterfly from her Elefun. She got it for her birthday and played with it once.

DH - Where are the butterflies?
DD - In the box
DH - No they aren't
DD - Oh, I put them through the cat flap
DH - (after looking) No you didn't where are they? Are they in the (insert suggestion)?
DD - Yes! That's where I put them!
DH - (after looking) No they aren't, where did you put them?
DD - (shrugs) Don't know

We have been through the bin, hoover bag, everything! Have ordered new ones from Hasbro, so am bound to find them in the next few days!

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 13-Jul-09 22:28:51

DD also went through a phase of trying to eat the cat food. That went down well with visitors!

LovingtheSilverFox Mon 13-Jul-09 22:30:38

And another one, came into the lounge yesterday to investigate why DD and DTs (3 yo and 7 mths) were so quiet. Found DD licking the twins heads! Wasn't quite sure why, but they didn't seem to mind, in fact they seem to find it soothing. How primal!

moaningminnie2020 Mon 13-Jul-09 22:39:14

Found DD 27mo handing a big piece of cardboard to DS, 6m, saying "here you go, eat it!" and trying to push it into his mouth.

Hours later it was topped by " Look mama, (DS) eating CRAYON!!"

She has also been chatting to a daddy long legs at great length this week, offered it some cake and invited it to come for a shower with herhmm

moaningminnie2020 Mon 13-Jul-09 22:41:31

DD also found a roof tile in the garden, dunked it in the paddling pool for a wash, stole my teatowel to dry it on, then wrapped it up like a baby and put it to bed in DS's carseat.<<nuts>>

NannyBeth Mon 13-Jul-09 23:01:48

I'm a nanny but one of my current charges is 3.1 and he's absolutely nuts :D

I came into the lounge room this morning to find a tin (unopened) of mushroom soup in the middle of the floor... later found a tin of strawberries behind the couch... am eagerly awaiting finding more cans scattered throughout the house as one of the cupboards where tins kept definately looks emptier than it did over the weekend!!

When tired and walking upstairs, he will use his hands to help him up (absolutely fine, I know a lot of kids do that) BUT will then put his head on the next step up, step up with his feet and then seems confused as to why anyone behind him asks him to keep going as will sit there for 5mins before moving head to next step.

If anything ever goes missing, my first response is to now check the toy box - things found in there include a drink bottle (2 days after used), the tv remote, an empty sandwich ham packet (we assume the ham was eaten and then evidence needed to be stashed haha), numerous shoes, etc etc etc

Children are mad aren't they can't help but laugh sometimes!! Just hope he won't teach his younger sister (almost 1) to do it all too!!!

monkeypinkmonkey Mon 13-Jul-09 23:13:11

My DS dropped the wiseman from our navity down the toilet and stole the 'f' key off my laptop. I've moved since and still haven't found the f key!!!

piprabbit Mon 13-Jul-09 23:16:05

Today my DS (14mo) has eaten a snail; dug up a container of flowers on the patio; eaten the soil from the container of flowers on the patio; used his shoe to bail out the watering can; weed on the carpet; poured bath water of me and the carpet; hidden his toy phone in the washing machine (found it in the nick of time) and learnt to say 'Oh Dear'. Fairly typical day in his busy life grin.

JamieJay Mon 13-Jul-09 23:16:54

I'm supposed to be going upstairs with DH to try and conceive our first, reading these thread has had me alternating between fits of laughter and questioning our sanity!

piprabbit Mon 13-Jul-09 23:20:15

JamieJay - Good luck. When you look at their littel faces all innocent and 'butter wouldn't melt' (and in my case covered in mud) you'll forgive them anything.....

Dysgu Mon 13-Jul-09 23:28:30

DD2 (2.10yo) walked a toy dog all the way to pre-school today. Funny bit - which got us all the odd looks - was that this particular dog is made from cardboard boxes and has a pipecleaner collar and a shoelace lead!

She stopped every so often to let 'dog' go "quickie quickie" and would ask 'for a bag' if 'it' did a poo! grin

Dysgu Mon 13-Jul-09 23:31:01

Oh and when niece was about 1 I was with my mum and DN - niece was eating Quavers and gave one to one of my mum's dogs (real this time - see above!)

Dog 'sucked' crisp but niece retrieved it from dog's mouth and ate it herself!

Mum andI laughed so much we couldn't stop it from happening!

duckymum Mon 13-Jul-09 23:52:04

Put a stick in her mouth and ran around the park like the dog.
I keep telling her she is not a dog, but she says "got waggy tail" and shakes her nappy..

Claire2009 Mon 13-Jul-09 23:55:58

Ds, found, took my new phone and hid it hmm I found it a week later, behind the radiator and broken.

Claire2009 Mon 13-Jul-09 23:57:47

Oh, how could I forget, I have 10 keys missing on this 1yr old laptop, Ds took them and I found them, but not the clips, they're gone forever..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now