Talk

Advanced search

HELP...DD (2.9) screaming house down refusing to go to bed........dh losing it with her

(4 Posts)
Sunshine78 Mon 13-Jul-09 20:13:21

My dd is as I type screaming the house down. DH has just about lost it with her and has just lost his temper with her and is now holding her bedroom door shut (he is not letting me help) DD just will not go to bed (been going on for months tried the returning to bed without talking to her thing till blue in the face normally will only settle if I lay with her on our bed. She has been in and out of hospital since she was 1 and each time we just get her settled back at home we are in again - help please I'm in tears sad

gothicmama Mon 13-Jul-09 20:18:14

your dh is not helping the situation explain to him it takes much longer to calm a hysterical child, if she is in and out of hospital it will be very different for her at home, who stays with her at hospital, they should teh person to do bed time routine at home and try and make both routines as similar as possible

gothicmama Mon 13-Jul-09 20:18:51

make your dh a cuppa and try and get him away from the door

TheChilliMoose Mon 13-Jul-09 20:28:51

Take her out of her room to calm down. I suggest you do it so DH can calm down too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now