Talk

Advanced search

6 month old fighting sleep.....horrific!

(3 Posts)
BoyMeetsWorld Mon 13-Jul-09 19:20:21

Uuurgh any advice, please!?

My DS is 6 months old & absolutely gorgeous in every way...except when it comes to sleep.

Day time naps / Bedtime - makes no difference. As soon as he gets sleepy he goes from Angel to Demon in 0.1 seconds. Full blown screaming, thrashing about, making himself go rigid, hitting out & pulling etc etc....it looks like he's having a fit.

I've tried EVERYTHING. It's been like this ever since he was born, so I've tried not letting him get overtired (plenty of naps throughout day & a relaxing bedtime routine); ive tried the opposite i.e. less naps & tiring him out; I've tried soothing him to sleep but he just gets hot & sticky, and tries to kick or slap anyone near him; I've tried controlled crying, but he can keep going for hours, & after 3 months this still hasn't solved the problem; & I've tried upping his food/milk.

Any ideas?? It's really draining & just so sad that the day always has to end like this. It's like he just hates having to turn hhis brain off (he's very intelligent & active). & now it's got worse cos he's learning to crawl so he keeps working himself up, flipping over onto his tummy in his cot & going utterly ballistic.

HELP!!!

malfoy Mon 13-Jul-09 19:22:40

does he fall asleep in the pram?

is he happy lying down if he is under playgym?

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 13-Jul-09 19:35:13

he falls asleep easily in a pram so long as it's moving, so I do often resort to taking him for a walk to have his naps...though this means I lose those priceless moments of the day to get housework etc done!

No he doesn't really like lying under a playgym anymore...prefers to be sitting up now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now