Talk

Advanced search

taking nappys off

(21 Posts)
ilovesprouts Sun 12-Jul-09 19:20:47

my dc took his own nappy off this mornimg through his vest iykwim ,then comes over to the door walking like john wayne so i picked him up amd a big blob of poo fell out of his nappy on my feetshock any advice on how i can get him to leave his nappy on dont fancy any more poo moments grin

ilovesprouts Sun 12-Jul-09 19:21:43

sorry ment vest not nappy lol !!

Loopymumsy Sun 12-Jul-09 20:09:16

Message withdrawn

gigglewitch Sun 12-Jul-09 20:10:19

how old is he?

DesperateHousewifeToo Sun 12-Jul-09 20:26:43

yes, backwards babygro worked with both of mine.

Very amusing watching them trying to work out why they could not get it off, lol grin

ilovesprouts Mon 13-Jul-09 11:00:49

hes 2.7 dont use baby grows but has sn /gdd

littlelamb Mon 13-Jul-09 11:03:12

Yep, my ds can do this too so now we only use wraps with poppers on as he enjoys pulling the velcro ones off wink

giveloveachance Mon 13-Jul-09 11:18:12

ha ha ha! walking like john wayne!!!! what an image.

yes my little one did this too, the poo fell to the floor and she did a little dance in it saying, oh dear oh dear!!! have to say i laughed and picked her up and plonked her in the sink to wash her down.

with my dd I put knickers on over the top of the nappy, let her choose which ones, make a big fuss and now she leaves it alone and asks to be changed.

It could be that at 2.7 your ds is getting ready to potty train, my dd wants her nappy changed as soon as she has wee'd or poo'd

could you try underpants? and leaving the nappy off at times with just the pants

ilovesprouts Mon 13-Jul-09 13:38:58

no my son had gdd/sn and can not say what he wants

nannynick Mon 13-Jul-09 13:56:09

Nappy on backwards can work for a while.
Gaffer tape can help, though does make it hard for an adult to get it off.

giveloveachance Mon 13-Jul-09 17:24:16

sorry did not understand the abbreviations - what about the over pants that you get with real nappies they fit closer so as to prevent leaks and may be a bit harder to take off.

Supercherry Mon 13-Jul-09 19:54:25

How about trying pull ups?

ilovesprouts Mon 13-Jul-09 20:00:23

gdd= globel development delay ,sn= special needs , some how he pulls them off from under his vest and chucks em on the floor

ilovesprouts Mon 13-Jul-09 20:02:28

also i dont think hes ready for potty training as he can not talk so would not be able to say if he wants a poo /wee smile

Flynnie Mon 13-Jul-09 20:04:00

I have this at the moment- it has been driving me crazy!

The last few days I have put her nappy on back to front and so far that has been working really well.

Pull downsups made the problem worse for us.

I think it it just a phase but while it is going on they are so determined that all I can really advise is for you to go out get some disinfectant and give up now.wink

Noonki Mon 13-Jul-09 20:16:33

ilovesprouts - How about trying a few days with a potty about and you talking lots about it...

you never know, can he do any sign/makaton?

My friends DD couldn't speak or walk well but could use a potty well before my DS1.

If not nappy on backwards worked for us with DS2. But we got used to poo on the floor!!

ilovesprouts Tue 14-Jul-09 08:59:00

no he can not sign any makaton etc !!,ive tryed whith a potty but he just puts it on his head grin

DesperateHousewifeToo Tue 14-Jul-09 10:53:08

I agree with you ilovesprouts, he probably is not ready for a potty until he has some way of communicating his needs to you (speech, signing, symbol or photo).

I'd say, go down down the gaffer tape route! You'll probably only need to tape the nappy sides together for a short time until he realises that he can't take it off - and moves on to something more annoying probably, little tinker.

Does wearing trousers over the top stop him?
Or dungarees?

ilovesprouts Tue 14-Jul-09 23:39:09

ill try some gaffer tape first smile

Maninadirndl Tue 14-Jul-09 23:45:18

Well we have only just got my son clean but at the cost of lots of accidents. Plop all over my hands, shouting at him not to crap on the lawn and huge praise when it ended up where it should have done.

I found negative coments when plop lay on the floor and praise - even bribery like sweets - I'm not proud - did the jobbie - pun intended.

bumpybecky Tue 14-Jul-09 23:48:31

we used sellotape on dd3's nappies, had to cut the nappy off to change but was otherwise very effective

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now