Talk

Advanced search

Day time Sleeps when do they stop

(7 Posts)
Justine2912 Sun 12-Jul-09 08:22:28

My DS is 2.6 and still has a good two hours sleep in the afternoons, well round lunchtime actually, it doesnt affect his night sleeps so he still must need them. I am not worried that hes still having them as you can get loads done whilst hes in bed but sometimes it gets difficult when you need to go out.

Just wondered when your little ones stopped theres?

ClaudiaSchiffer Sun 12-Jul-09 08:44:16

DD1 stopped at about 2.3 - just as dd2 being born (sigh).

DD2 currently 1.10 and has a sleep about 3 days out of 7.

I would LOVE them to both be sleeping more in the day.

Does he get furiously grumpy without a sleep? For those days that you need to be out?

MogTheForgetfulCat Sun 12-Jul-09 22:04:51

DS1 stopped around 3.2, but really struggled without it until quite recently (he is 3.5)

DS2 is 1.5, and still napping like a good 'un.

<Touches wood>

moaningminnie2020 Sun 12-Jul-09 22:25:29

DD is 2.3 and skips the nap some days, she's pretty ratty and hard work those days though, she is much nicer when well rested. It does seem to affect the nights though as she tends to nap late in the day(when she finally gives in)...

And she doesn't tend to settle any earlier at night when she's had no nap - even though she's very irritable/clumsy/ a general liabilitysad

drinkyourmilk Sun 12-Jul-09 22:28:44

i'm happy to let them go on until it eefects their night time sleep.

We're not in uk and middle one still naps at kindergarten some days at 4.7yrs. Sleeps well at night too.

cookielove Sun 12-Jul-09 22:33:36

i work in a nursery in 2-3's most of my children are out of sleep by 2.9 mostly at parents request, almost all the children in my room are on limited sleep, however we have a 3.5 who still sleeps an hour and bit a day and a 2.11 who will sleep for 2 hours or more if we let him. i think it depends on the child really.

mankyscotslass Sun 12-Jul-09 22:35:20

Eldest Manky stopped at 18mths. sad

DD stopped at 22 mths.

Littlest Manky stopped at 34 mths.

Although now at nearly 4 he has started having the odd nap in the afternoon, maybe twice a week. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now