Talk

Advanced search

DS JUST BURST HIS OWN BALLOON!!!

(6 Posts)
cheekymonk Sat 11-Jul-09 16:44:58

Hi All,

I am really really struggling tioday. Dh is away with Navy and back in 12 days. DS aged 4 has become unbearable and clearly just totally impatient to see his daddy (understandable)
I took him to a show today and tried to get his interest in the animals etc but he just wanted toys. He stomped around being really grumpy but did raise a smile at the Punch & Judy! I bought hiim a cool spiderman blow up balloon and he just purposely jumped on it and said we can go back tomorrow and get another!!!!!!
I know he is missing his daddy, unsettled about starting school but I am pigsick of his crap behaviour and the effect of me feeling all tensed up and utterly exhausted and stressed and deflated and worthless. I have had a tough week at work too and have had little help since dh has been away. I just feel so miserable and am counting down until bedtime. he is an angel at nursery- why is he so fucking difficult for me?????
angry sad

SoupDragon Sat 11-Jul-09 16:47:08

"why is he so fucking difficult for me?"

Because you are his mother. Mine behave far worse for me than they do for anyone else. I tell myself it is because they are secure in the knowledge that I will love them forever and they use me as an outlet for pent up frustration.

Which doesn't make me feel the slightest bit better/calmer about it

cheekymonk Sat 11-Jul-09 16:52:34

Hi soupdragon, yes, I know, it goes with the territory!

poshtottie Sat 11-Jul-09 17:24:02

Hi cheekymonk

I feel your pain. My dh is at sea and now won't be back till October. Ds is almost 3 and can be really difficult and I am looking forward to him going to preschool in September. He is missing his dad and I think I get the brunt of it.

Keep your chin up. You are not alone.

cheekymonk Sat 11-Jul-09 17:27:24

Thanks poshtottie xxx

poshtottie Sat 11-Jul-09 17:34:26

We have more structure in the week and I find the weekends quite difficult. I tend to spend a lot of time with my inlaws as they have been brilliant with ds and my family are not close by.

He has been quite good today which is a miracle as we have been inside all day because of the weather.

I was tempted to pop out for a bottle of wine but can't be bothered and feel a bit sad drinking on my own. Have chocolate though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now