Talk

Advanced search

My son wont settle through the night

(6 Posts)
LCRNK Fri 10-Jul-09 14:11:29

For the past 2 weeks or so my 2.5 yr old son just wont settle through the night. He goes to bed fine but will wake constantly from 12 onwards. He goes straight back to bed but is always tired through the day with lack of sleep. Anyone have any ideas what can cause this or a way to prevent this?

audreyraines Fri 10-Jul-09 14:52:59

No ideas, but we are exactly the same. I really think something whacky happens at 2.5. I just hope it doesn't last long. Is he still napping? We are really hit and miss with naps at the moment, but either way it doesn't help the nights.

london0hull4 Fri 10-Jul-09 15:02:49

Again, no help I'm afraid. Just solidarity. My 2yr old ds is doing the same thing.

LCRNK Fri 10-Jul-09 15:06:55

Now and then he will take a sleep but will only be for an hour or so. When he has a nap he wont go down at bed time then so i dont know how to win. He's tired and wants a sleep through the day but if i keep him up he will go down normal bed time. Glad im not the only one in this, thanks

LCRNK Fri 10-Jul-09 15:07:39

Think he could be sleep walking?

audreyraines Fri 10-Jul-09 18:24:49

who knows what is going on! ds constantly complains about being tired, but i don't know how to get him to have a better sleep (and have a nap every day) in order to help. i guess it's just one of those things you have to get through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now