Talk

Advanced search

If you had to reccomend one parenting book, which one wuld it be?

(6 Posts)
TitsalinaBumsquash Thu 09-Jul-09 13:53:00

Im looking for strategies to to make our home life a little less shouty and stressfull.

We have 2 boys 4 and 2 who tear each other apart on a daily basis, we seem to have tried all aspects of "punsihment" (i don't like that word) but not hing seems to have doen the trick, im thinking of trying to change myslef so they will respond rather than trying to change them iyswim?!

So all you bookworms, if you had to reccomend one parenting book that you have read and got something out of, which one would it be and why?

Thanks

chevre Thu 09-Jul-09 13:54:08

has to be 'how to talk' honestly it is really straighforward and changes how you approach things. my friend with 2 boys same age as yours swears by it.

HuffwardlyRudge Thu 09-Jul-09 13:55:53

As a rule I dislike parenting books, but How To Talk was sensible and useful. It made a difference, without claiming to know my children better than I do.

TitsalinaBumsquash Thu 09-Jul-09 13:57:19

Is that the title Chevre, im going to the Libary to have a hunt about in a sec!

i have tried 123 magic which worked well for a while and still does sometimes but it seems to be wearing off.

I have aslo read Raising Boys.

chevre Thu 09-Jul-09 14:13:25

here you go!

doggiesayswoof Thu 09-Jul-09 14:25:10

How to Talk. I find it hard to stick to imo but worth the effort.

I also got the same authors' book on sibling rivalry but it wasn't as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now