Talk

Advanced search

HELP!!! my 6 year old son

(5 Posts)
darcireece Tue 07-Jul-09 22:38:08

Hi, everyone could somebody help me my son has been absessed with his private parts for a while always going on about them e.g my todger, my nuggets but he has started to get it out & show other girls & boys which they have come & told me he is currently being assesd for adhd but has not got a diagnosis as yet could this be another sympton of adhd or is this normal for a 6 1/2 year old?

dannismells Tue 07-Jul-09 22:57:33

hi hun
i wouldnt worry too much lots of children go through stages like this it maybe that he is realising what it is and he is different to girls if your worried tho i would call the health visitor i know he is 6 and 1/2 but they will be able to give you some treally good advice hope this helps xxxxx

MumHadEnough Tue 07-Jul-09 22:58:04

I wish I could advise, my ds nearly 7 (also undergoing assessment for adhd) does exactly the same thing! Could be just a boy thing, could be an adhd thing, but he certainly likes to wap it out or flash his arse on every possible occasion.

I've started grounding him for it, he's not doing it quite so much now!

ICANDOTHAT Wed 08-Jul-09 13:54:42

It's an age thing, probably not help by his disorder. My ds2 is 6 and dx ADHD - he hasn't got his out in public yet, but there's always tomorrow grin

darcireece Sat 11-Jul-09 23:16:49

Thank you for replying i sat & talked to him explained it was private & people don't really want to see but it obviously did'nt work as he did it again today but i actuelly think its that he has just discovered like dannismells kindly advised & i think he wants to share how proud of it he is to everyone just hope it dosent last to long

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now