Talk

Advanced search

3 Yo saying naughty words, how do i stop this?

(10 Posts)
lucymum2four Tue 07-Jul-09 21:48:08

Since my Ds has started nursery everyones a stupid or a baby or an idoit. really driving me nuts.
Knows when to test me too. Like today sitting in dentist waiting room full of people he starts kicking the glass door. im like please ds can you sit nicely. ds says No you idoit. i could feel the whole room looking at me. just kept repeating himself. good boy rest of time. tryed witholding treats, putting to bed.softly softly approach. stuck now. please tell me this is a phase. sad

ilovetochat Tue 07-Jul-09 21:50:32

wish i knew, we have been on holiday with dd (2) and she made friends with a 4 year old boy who was lovely but he kept saying youre a poo poo, youre stupid, youre a bumbum when playing and now dd is saying it all the time. aaagh.

Noonki Tue 07-Jul-09 21:59:24

ignore ignore ignore.

soon gets boring

he knows it's wrong already so doing it for attention.

v. trying (we get 'go away' all the time and makes me want to shout!)

Greensleeves Tue 07-Jul-09 22:01:24

I don't ignore, because it's not his fault if he's saying something he's heard and I don't want him to feel rejected [big girl's blouse]

I say "Oh no, I don't like that word" and "You have lots of lovely words you can use instead, lets think of a really good one you can say when you are cross" or whatever

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 22:01:58

It's a phase. As long as you don't make any reaction it will stop. Don't do what I did and fall over laughing when your generally angelic two year old shouts out 'oh fuck' when she stubs her toe because she heard mummy say it when she did the same thing blush

Noonki Tue 07-Jul-09 22:06:45

I will try greensleeves approach myself tomorrow!

that said I will still try and ignore it and not rise to it as my DS definatley does it to get me annoyed.

foreverchanges Tue 07-Jul-09 22:17:06

as long as he s not saying f off i would nt worry ....everythings a stage ...

foreverchanges Tue 07-Jul-09 22:18:49

ignore as much as possible too ..more attention more they do it ..

bookswapper Tue 07-Jul-09 22:22:33

we saw an older gentleman training for the marathon running down a city street in bare feet a la Zola Budd...

DS (3) looked out of the car window and said, with feeling, "silly old bugger"

blush

ignore it I say even when suffocating yourself trying not to laugh

whomovedmychocolate Tue 07-Jul-09 22:31:11

bookswapper - am ROFLing because I've had the exact same experience with DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now