Talk

Advanced search

My ds is chucking random stuff in the bin!.....????

(6 Posts)
dandycandyjellybean Tue 07-Jul-09 10:41:55

So far he has chucked my tomtom mount out of the car window without me noticing, only announced it days (possibly) later when I was looking for it, a full bar of choc he doesn't like but i do, just caught him ditching my kitchen funnel (not to mention all the other random things I can't find but don't catch him throwing)???? wtf?

There doesn't seem to be any reason for it, or any pattern to when or why...i.e. not when cross or whatever? Anyone else had any experience of this, tips on how to handle.

dandycandyjellybean Tue 07-Jul-09 10:42:40

3.9 by the way if that sheds any light...?

cjones2979 Tue 07-Jul-09 10:51:49

My DS1 did this a lot (although he has ASD so it was harder to get him to understand that it is wrong), but we now get him to show us everything before it goes in the bin. We just had to try to make him understand that the bin is not a toy, and that once something is gone, it's gone !! (Took throwing away a couple of his things before he finally got this !!!).

Every now and again I will still find something in the bin that shouldn't be there (he's now 5.8).grin

Good luck !!

SarahL2 Tue 07-Jul-09 10:53:35

My 2yo DS threw my Nintendo DS in the bin. At least we think that's where it must have gone as it's not in the house anymore

I've seen him put used cups in there too and can't find the coaster his Grandma made for him in his bedroom! NOT looking forward to having to explain to her that he may have binned it!

If you find a way to stop it, please let me know!!

TheArmadillo Tue 07-Jul-09 11:38:08

Slightly different but when ds was younger he used to always go through bins and chew teh stuff. We put the bins on top of furniture out of his reach and put a lock on the kitchen door (as we couldn't really move that one).

Looked a bit odd but maybe it would help.

Also stop letting him have car window open (had to do this after ds threw one of his shoes out plus other stuff.

dandycandyjellybean Wed 08-Jul-09 17:50:28

glad it's not just us then....just can't make head nor tails. It is either the kitchen bin or the wheely bin outside, and because he's nearly 4 we can't really ban him from either area. mmmm, will just have to hope it's a very quickly passing phase!!!! Thanks peeps grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now