Talk

Advanced search

11 year old son have hallucinations

(4 Posts)
maria1665 Mon 06-Jul-09 14:53:14

We've been through a heck of a year, including SATS (school and teachers mega uptight re SATS) and a burglary last month.

Whole family is shattered. Last night I found DS, who is 11, stood looking out of the window of the spare room crying. Eventually he told me he was sad because thought life was meaningless. Plus he has twice seen a black sillouette of a man, who he knew didn't really exist. He also complained that he had heard sounds that didn't exist, like a cat meowing sound coming from a dog.

Anyone had anything like this? He had just returned from a fantastic weekend in Wales with his cousin, and I don't think he had had much sleep. I am telling myself this is anxiety mixed with exhaustion and will pass, but am really worried.

ButtercupWafflehead Mon 06-Jul-09 15:40:42

Hi Maria,

Have found the following link for you here

Hope that helps.

ButtercupWafflehead Mon 06-Jul-09 15:42:23

Sorry, forgot to say that symptoms like these aren't necessarily as worrying as we all jump to conclude.

Perhaps you could call his doc and have a chat?

It sounds like a good rest will help you all feel a bit better, sorry you've had such a rubbish year.

maria1665 Mon 06-Jul-09 18:37:08

What a brilliant website - thanks very much. We'll just watch him for now - and aim for a good summer break.

I've book marked the website - thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now