Talk

Advanced search

tantrums in the middle of the night , help please

(9 Posts)
woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 11:26:22

hi , i really need some advice please , my dd (3.6) wakes up EVERY night for the last 12 nights screaming & taking tantrums that last for over 2 hours , we have just moved her into her own room (she has eczema & is very clingy with me) the tantrums are getting worse each night , she wakes up screaming & then goes into kicking walls , doors etc , i am at my wits end at this stage , last night i ended up crying on the edge of her bed while she refused to calm down . my dh is blaming me for giving into her too much sad
im dreading tonight as i know what lies in store for me , dh works shift work so just leaves it all up to me , thankfully my ds (10) just sleeps through it all (god knows how) any advice would be great , ive tried the supernanny method , not speaking to her just placing her back into the bed i did this 15 times last night .
i hate to see her get into such a state . it breaks my heart .

spinspinsugar Sun 05-Jul-09 11:35:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 11:53:08

hi spin , i think she is waking up with the eczema as she has a flare up at the moment , the heat is not helping , she just wants to be in our bed & that is a cycle i have to break , she is VERY strong willed & can scream for hours on end to get what she wants , she woke up last night at 1.05am all hell broke loose because i went into her & lay beside her (she wanted me to take her into my bed) it was 3.20am by the time she wore herself out enough to fall back to sleep then she got up 7am so i took her downstairs . i am just feeling really low at the moment & worried about the effect of lack of sleep will have on her skin , its been the same for the last 12 nights now .

woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 11:56:57

your poor dd , my ds suffered terribly with growing pains he still gets the pains some nights & he is 10 , i always have calpol on my bedside locker at the ready . try giving her a spoonful tonight & hopefully she will get a good nights sleep ,

spinspinsugar Sun 05-Jul-09 12:26:28

woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 12:38:17

hi spin , my dd would love to be any where other than her own bedroom at the moment ha , ill try taking her downstairs for a drink tonight & see how that goes she is sitting on my lap having cuddles now , thank god she cant read yet , ha
i swear the neighbours must have thought i was killing last night blush

spinspinsugar Sun 05-Jul-09 12:46:47

Bucharest Sun 05-Jul-09 12:49:31

My dd had night terrors until she was 4....would seem to be wide awake, eyes open, communicating (well, screaming) anything up to 2 hrs...same time every night we'd start.
Solved it by chucking a few drops of Rescue remedy down her (screeching) throat. Worked instantaneously. She would look momentarily shock, lie down, roll over and be back into proper sleep.
Could it be those?

woodlands35 Sun 05-Jul-09 13:00:15

hi bucharest , rescue remedy ? what is that & where can i buy it ??? had to lol at your post , thanks i needed that .
spin good idea about the extra insulation ha. but I'm sure my neighbours are going to give me dirty looks the next time i see them , blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now