Talk

Advanced search

taking 18mth old to USA car seat advice

(3 Posts)
sonnyoutlook Sun 05-Jul-09 11:23:08

I'm taking my son to US in Sept to visit family, I dont want to bring my own car seat as i'm travelling alone with him - that alone will be hard enough.
My family in US need to buy a car seat for my 18mth old before I arrive in order to pick us up at airport

Have looked on line at babiesrus.com but car seat makes are diff from here in UK.

Any suggestions for a good carseat at resonable price? would need one with a 5 point harness.

thanks

EldonAve Sun 05-Jul-09 11:32:04

We have a Britax roundabout
They do a Boulevard which lasts longer up to 65lbs

They sell Britax seats online at Target and Amazon

knittingmama Mon 06-Jul-09 22:01:56

We got one at Walmart for about $40 or $50. The brand is Cosco and it comes with a plastic carrying case for taking on a plane. It has a 5 point harness and a chest clip which was great because my DD always tries to get her arms out! (Wish they had those clips on carseats here) Anyway I just had a look on their website and there are a couple of different styles by Cosco in that price range. The seat was fine for a 2 week holiday and it has 'Latch' clips- sort of like the American version of Isofix.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now