Talk

Advanced search

6.5 wk old suddenly crying & wants holding all the time!

(5 Posts)
nauseous Sat 04-Jul-09 16:58:35

this is not his usual pattern... is this normal? I'm wondering if its because we have been trying him out on my expressed breastmilk? He resists the bottle a few times but then takes it...

I can't see any other reason- everything else is the same and he looks well etc..

Is there a thread dedicated to expressing??

thanks for any help...

EyePeam Sat 04-Jul-09 17:01:32

the wanting to be held all the time is v normal in new babies. invest in a sling (light cotton one in this weather) and then you can keep him close and have your hands free to do stuff.

I know nothing about expressing I'm afraid, so don't know if it's related.

hope this half-helps!

Overmydeadbody Sat 04-Jul-09 17:05:20

It is very normal and I owould suggest just holding him all the time or having him in a sling. Babies need close physical contact with their primary care givers, and the more they have the better, imo.

eemie Sat 04-Jul-09 17:49:01

My baby did this and I gave in. Soon afterwards, by nine weeks, she seemed to realise that night time was different and started to sleep more then. I did nothing except pander to her and hold her nearly all the time. You need a good sling - I hated mine (Wilkinet).

nauseous Sat 04-Jul-09 19:05:29

okay thanks ladies -the sling it is then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now