Talk

Advanced search

Yippeee I am so proud, my DS (20 months) finally walked today!

(6 Posts)
ilikeyoursleeves Sat 04-Jul-09 14:16:27

As the title says I am one proud mummy

After watching all his peers stand and then walk about a year ago (!) whilst DS sat and watched, he finally walked a decent length on his own today! He has been walking holding onto his walker, and cruising for a few months but would never venture out on his own other than say 2 steps between me and DH. However today he walked the length of the whole living room! I decided to get some Skips out as an incentive and boy did it work, methinks he is actually that bloke from Little Britain who is in a wheelchair but runs about when his carer leaves the room LOL.

The health visitor is coming next week too to assess him cos I was so worried, hopefully she will think all is totally well now.

bubblagirl Sat 04-Jul-09 14:17:18

well done to your ds hooray grin

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 14:22:20

Well done!
Lol at him doing it behind your back - he's probably been walking since 6m but doing the "Mummy carry meeee" thing when you look

likessleep Sat 04-Jul-09 14:24:28

awwww, how lovely. he won't stop now grin

Pyrocanthus Sat 04-Jul-09 15:07:20

He'll be well away now. I didn't get off my backside until I was 16 months, and I'm an excellent walker nowwink

My friend's son walked at 18 months and is now a champion teenage tennis player.

Some of us have better things to do when we're young than toddle.

ICANDOTHAT Sat 04-Jul-09 16:45:40

The honeymoon period is over .... you'll be a stone lighter by Xmas grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now