Talk

Advanced search

How do I stop Flameboy begging for food?? It has gone past cute...

(3 Posts)
TheFool Sat 04-Jul-09 12:45:48

He has big blue eyes and a mop of blonde curls.

From the time he could walk, he just sort of looked at people and they fed him hmm.

But, he is now 3, still doing it, and it is bloody embarrassing!

It doesn't matter if I take food everywhere with me or not, he will still assume if someone else is eating, that they will share with him when he gazes at them.

We walk into friends houses and he announces to them that he is hungry.

I have tried talking to him about it, but quite frankly he ignores "touching fire will hurt you" so "stop asking for food" goes completely past him hmm

It doesn't help where half the time (with people who don't KNOW him like Psychomum), it is the cute factor that wins out - the school receptionist gives him fruit every day (she loves him dearly, I cannot take that away from her even if it would help him), I take DD to breakfast club - they feed him toast...

People must think I never feed him, or that I have trained him to do it blush

MarthaFarquhar Sat 04-Jul-09 13:43:36

It's no good talking to him - he turns on the charm and results appear. You need to talk to the folk who are feeding him.

Tell 'em that his dentist has said that he's snacking too much or some such, and ask them nicely to stop. Once he realises that the charm no longer works he'll stop by himself.

We have Had Words with friends and relatives due to DD's puppy-eyed scrounging, and she has stopped now that it doesn't work.

MummyDragon Sat 04-Jul-09 20:47:45

Agree with Martha. People should not be giving your child food without asking you first anyway. What if we were allergic/diabetic etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now