Talk

Advanced search

8 month old has started twisting her tongue in odd positions

(7 Posts)
mummynoonoo Sat 04-Jul-09 07:55:48

8 month old DD has started twisting her tongue in odd positions always in the left side of her mouth. Started a few weeks ago I think but now it seems to be every time she makes a noise and sometimes when silent/playing. It is not like this all the time, when she eats for example it is flat. She has been teething for seemingly months but I am worried as it has now become a very regular position for her tongue. Could this just be teething related? She has never had problems with feeding/sucking/bottle etc. Due for 8 month check soon so I will raise then but I am hoping for some reassurance from others mums!...

MIAonline Sat 04-Jul-09 08:02:21

She might be able to feel her tooth coming through on the left side , and is touching it with her tongue.

Sounds normal to me, I think, but just mention it to your HV to set your mid at rest.

mummynoonoo Sun 05-Jul-09 15:05:29

Yes, will do. Have been surfing and wondering if she has tongue tie now?...Anyhow will speak to Doc. Thanks for your reassurance

Longo Mon 06-Jul-09 12:45:58

My daughter did this for about a month, everyone commented how strange it was and I was very concerned, she was just exploring her mouth! Don't worry!

Pyrocanthus Mon 06-Jul-09 13:23:40

Perhaps she's just found out she has a tongue!

ShowOfHands Mon 06-Jul-09 13:29:45

My dd did this. I remember my DH panicking. She always did it to the right hand side and twisted it round almost impossibly far.

I think it's just a stage and she grew out of it.

mummynoonoo Tue 07-Jul-09 14:42:24

Great, thanks all, was waiting for some 'my dd/ds did that too' type of responses for that ultimate reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now